Account Executive – Commercial Lines Insurance
Champlain Insurance Group is a fast-growing, specialty, surplus and excess lines insurance enterprise. Which, through our affiliates, Champlain Specialty Insurance Company, WestCongress Insurance Services LLC, and WestCongress Risk Services LLC, offers primary and excess general liability insurance solutions and claims administration throughout the United States.
We are in need of an Account Executive (AE) for our Manchester, NH office. Work with Brokers to select, price and determine terms and conditions for writing commercial General Liability and Excess products in the Excess & Surplus market.
As an AE, you will evaluate risk, among other things:
- Review and analyze insurance risks, loss history and inspections reports.
- Evaluate information presented to identify exposures and solicit additional information to base decision to accept or decline according to company policies and objectives.
- Classify risk for policy rating.
- Clearly document the underwriting decision-making strategy.
- Maintain and develop relationships with brokers to achieve growth and profit objectives.
- Collaborate with marketing and claims and other cross-functional teams.
- Develop, grow, and maintain a profitable book of business.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of new/renewal business accounts.
- Other tasks related to the evaluation, binding, issuance, and modification of the insurance products we offer.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experienced in the E&S marketspace.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred).
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proficient in math.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel and other computer software & systems.
- High level organization skills and must be detail oriented.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work outside area of responsibility to support the growth of the business.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k savings plan, and paid time off and holidays.