Senior Claim Examiner
Analyze, investigate and resolve complex claim issues involving bodily injury, property damage, and personal/advertising injury, including coverage, liability and damages.
- Ensure appropriate investigation of the underlying facts and circumstances is carried out in a timely manner, proper experts are retained and utilized where necessary, selection and utilization of counsel is appropriate, and proper negotiation strategies are employed.
- Recognizing exposures and ensuring reserving is appropriate and timely.
- Evaluating coverage issues and risk transfer opportunities.
- Effectively communicate exposures both internally and externally.
- Overall responsibility for formulating proper resolution strategy to ensure best total outcome.
- Position may require periodic travel to attend meditations, trials and / or other related meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience handling complex commercial liability claims.
- Proficient computer skills required to navigate our paperless claim file system.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to professionally interact at a high level with both internal and external parties.
- Easily adapts to changing situations requirements or priorities.
- Skillful negotiator.
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical Skills: possesses a high level of technical claim and legal knowledge and skills.
- Client Focus: good at interpersonal relationships and building trust.
- Communications: good at listening and written communications – including large loss claim reports and coverage letters.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree in business and/or studies in risk management
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
- CPCU designation/AIC certification preferred
- Adjuster license