Senior Claims Examiner
Champlain Insurance Group is a fast-growing, specialty, surplus and excess lines insurance enterprise, which, through our affiliates, Champlain Specialty Insurance Company, WestCongress Insurance Services LLC, and WestCongress Risk Services LLC, offers primary and excess general liability insurance solutions and claims administration throughout the United States.
We seeking a commercial Senior Claims Examiner for our Manchester, NH office capable of handling general liability, construction defect, bodily injury, property damage, personal/advertising injury, auto and other miscellaneous claims. The Senior Claims Examiner will analyze, investigate, and resolve complex claim issues, including coverage, liability, and damages. The position requires familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements and tort law.
As a Senior Claims Examiner, you will:
- Ensure appropriate investigation of the underlying facts and circumstances is carried out in a timely manner, proper experts are retained and utilized where necessary, selection and utilization of counsel is appropriate, and proper negotiation strategy is employed
- Recognizing exposures and ensuring reserving is appropriate and timely
- Evaluating coverage issues and risk transfer opportunities
- Effectively communicating exposures both internally and externally
- Overall responsibility for formulating proper resolution strategy to ensure best total outcome
- Position may require periodic travel to attend meditations, trials and/or other related meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the handling commercial liability claims
- Proficient computer skills required to navigate our paperless claim file system
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to interact professionally at a high level with both internal and external parties
- Adaptability to changing situations requirements or priorities
- Negotiation skills
- High level of technical claim and legal knowledge and skills
- Solid interpersonal relationships and building trust
Certifications & Licenses
- CPCU designation/AIC certification preferred
- Adjuster license
Opportunity for Advancement
For the successful candidate that demonstrates the aptitude and a desire to learn and advance, this position may offer opportunities for advancement to positions of increasing responsibility and authority within the insurance underwriting aspect of our business.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401k, paid time off and holidays.
Please apply for immediate consideration!