Learning and Development Manager
WestCongress Insurance Services LLC is a Surplus Lines insurance producer with authority to bind commercial general and excess liability insurance policies on behalf of our affiliate, Champlain Specialty Insurance Company (AM Best A- VII). We are in need of a Learning and Development Manager. The position is a fulltime commitment in our Manchester, NH office.
The Learning and Development Manager (LD Manager) is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing training and development programs within our organization. They identify employee skill gaps, create training materials and a training repository, and facilitate workshops to enhance the workforce’s knowledge and performance. Additionally, they collaborate with various departments to align training initiatives with business goals, fostering employee growth and organizational success.
As the LD Manager, you will play a vital role in enhancing our employees’ skills, knowledge, and capabilities through the design, implementation, and evaluation of innovative learning solutions. Your expertise in learning strategy, instructional design, and development will be instrumental in elevating our workforce’s performance and overall success.
Essential Job Functions
The individual in this position must have strong interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills. They must also be an astute observer as well as possess the capacity to learn with ease. Our ideal candidate is flexible, agile, and highly collaborative with colleagues and stakeholders with ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing requests and requirements. In addition, the individual must demonstrate the following skills:
- Directs aspects of the training framework, ensuring delivered solutions meet established guidelines and standards. These solutions will be delivered across multiple customer programs and roadmaps (for example, regulatory and technology systems)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess learning needs and identify organizational skill gaps.
- Provide strategic direction for curriculum design to staff, ensuring learning objectives and delivery methods are appropriate for the topics and audience.
- Ability to eventually hire, supervise, mentor Training Specialists (contracted or otherwise), ensuring assigned work is completed in a manner consistent with high standards of excellence.
- Creates and maintains project management plans and project schedules; schedules tasks, identifies interdependencies, establishes deadlines and creates milestones for all stakeholders and resources. Revises plans as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry
- Design and deliver learning solutions as identified through programs, roadmaps, and priorities. Training offerings will be delivered via multiple methodologies (live in-classroom, live virtual presence, on-demand and asynchronous methods), and the LD Manager must be proficient in all those methods. Effective training programs will require the LD Manager and their staff to have an excellent understanding of the subject program.
- Ensure level of quality of delivered solutions by evaluating against industry best-practices, collecting feedback from customers, and implement improvements.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the learning and development field.
- Explore and integrate innovative learning technologies to enhance the effectiveness and accessibility of learning programs.
- Oversee the learning management system and maintain accurate records of training activities.
- Analyze training data to identify trends, strengths, and areas for improvement
- Lead and/or participate in special projects, as identified and directed. Other level-appropriate duties, as assigned. Lead periodic overview meetings with the Executive Leadership Team
- Aid in recruiting efforts by seeking out potential candidates, participating on the interview team, and being well versed in modern hiring practices
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, Masters degree a plus
- 4-5 years of directly-related training industry experience in positions of increasing responsibilities, plus two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred. Insurance or financial services industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of P&C Insurance industry rules, regulations, and guidelines and/or directly-related securities industry experience a plus
- Competence using eLearning development tools preferred.
- Knowledge of personal computers and associated office automation tools.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Ability to communicate and interact at both senior and junior levels of the organization
- Ability and willingness to travel