Champlain Insurance Group is a fast-growing, specialty, surplus and excess lines insurance enterprise, which, through our affiliates, Champlain Specialty Insurance Company, WestCongress Insurance Services LLC, and WestCongress Risk Services LLC, offers primary and excess general liability insurance solutions and claims administration throughout the United States.
We are in need of a commercial claims examiner for our Manchester, NH office capable of handling general liability, bodily injury, property damage, personal/advertising injury, auto and other miscellaneous claims. The Claims Examiner will analyze, investigate and resolve complex claim issues, including coverage, liability and damages. The position requires familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements and tort law.
- Ensure appropriate investigation of the underlying facts and circumstances is carried out in a timely manner, proper experts are retained and utilized where necessary, selection and utilization of counsel is appropriate, proper negotiation strategy is employed.
- Recognizing exposures and ensuring reserving is appropriate and timely.
- Evaluating coverage issues and risk transfer opportunities.
- Effectively communicate exposures both internally and externally.
- Overall responsibility for formulating proper resolution strategy to ensure best total outcome.
- Position may require periodic travel to attend meditations, trials and/or other related meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience handling large complex commercial casualty claims with 3-5 years of commercial casualty claim adjusting experience handling primary and excess general liability, auto and personal injury claims.
- Experience in claims coverage analysis.
- Ability to approach every task in a meticulous and thorough manner, documenting actions and communications, prioritizing, maintaining schedules; paying attention to detail and striving for accuracy at all times; identifying and meeting all deadlines.
- Understanding of legal procedures, regulatory compliance and states’ statutes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Insurance designations a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Adjuster license required.
Opportunity for Advancement:
For the successful candidate that demonstrates the aptitude and a desire to learn and advance, this position may offer opportunities for advancement to positions of increasing responsibility and authority within the insurance underwriting aspect of our business.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401k, paid time off and holidays.
Salary: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- GL claims handling: 3 years (Required)
- adjusters license (Preferred)
- CPCU or AIC Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location