Associate Underwriter – Commercial Lines Insurance
Champlain Insurance Group Manchester, NH
Champlain Insurance Group is a fast-growing, specialty, surplus and excess lines insurance enterprise. Which, through our affiliates, Champlain Specialty Insurance Company, WestCongress Insurance Services LLC, and WestCongress Risk Services LLC, offers primary and excess general liability insurance solutions and claims administration throughout the United States.
We are in need of an Associate Underwriter (AU) for our Manchester, NH office, to assist with the processing and placement of the insurance products we offer. This is an entry level position that provides a great opportunity to learn about the insurance industry and gain valuable experience with the potential for advancement.
The AU supports the underwriting process with the below tasks but not limited to:
- Clearing and logging insurance submissions.
- Data collection and entry.
- Policy rating.
- File maintenance.
- Interacting with insureds and brokers.
- And other tasks related to the intake, evaluation, binding, issuance and modification of the insurance products we offer.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in math.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel and other computer software & systems.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Good working in a team environment.
- Able to work outside area of responsibility to support the growth of the business.
- Willing to work in a start-up environment where he or she may be asked to perform a variety of different tasks as may be required to support our growing business.
- Commitment to learning beyond required continuing education.
- Two years in an underwriting role (Preferred)
- Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred).
We offer a competitive compensation package:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Health savings account
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off and holidays
- Parental Leave
- Bonus opportunity
- Full-Time (8 hours shift)
- Office setting